MouseRobot is handy tool for creating mouse macro and keyboard macro. MouseRobot allows to record mouse and keyboard, run applications, use conditions, loops and other operations. The macros in MouseRobot keyboard mouse recorder is represented as a sequence of operations (steps) such as "Run", "Press Key", "File Name Query" and others. This sequence of mouse macro, keyboard macro is called "Task".
Task example (Start "Notepad" editor and input a few lines of text):
In many cases, the easiest way to record mouse macro or keyboard macro is to use the "Record Task" function and then, if necessary, to correct the recorded mouse and keyboard macros.
Adding steps to the mouse macro
MouseRobot keyboard mouse recorder provides two basic ways to insert new steps into the mouse macro:
- Dragging of necessary steps or snippets from the Toolbox with mouse into the mouse macro. Besides, you can add steps to the end of the task by double-clicking on it in the toolkit.
- Record mouse and keyboard actions using the "Record Task" function.
Selection of graphic object on the screen when record mouse
While adding the step "Search object on screen" to the mouse macro, as well the snippet, containing this step, the MouseRobot mouse recorder window automatically gets minimized and the program switches to the Object Selection Mode. At the same time any object with the cursor placed over it is highlighted with a red frame containing a hint.
To select a highlighted object, press Ctrl.
To close the Object Selection Mode and return to main window of mouse macro editor to continue creating mouse macro and keyboard macro, press Esc.
PgUp and PgDn keys let you choose a more general or more detailed object, such as the entire table or its individual cell.
The change of the object for an existing step use the "Change object" command . This command can also be automatically applied by double clicking on the step "Search object on screen" in mouse macro.
Quick mouse recording
The function "Record Task", located on the "Task" pane, allows to record mouse macro and keyboard macro quickly.
By clicking the "Record Task" button, MouseRobot automatically gets minimized and switches to the Object Selection Mode (red frame) to recorc mouse.
The record mouse process involves repetition of two stages:
- Selecting an object on the screen into the mouse macro (point the mouse to the object to highlight it with a red frame and press Ctrl to confirm the selection)
- Recording mouse and keyboard actions to be executed with the object (mouse click, typing text, etc.)
Mouse and keyboard actions recording automatically ends 3 seconds after the last mouse click or 5 seconds after the last keystroke, and then the Object Selection Mode activates again to specify the next object and continue record mouse macro.
To return to the task and edit recorded mouse macro and keyboard macro press Esc.
Execute and stop a mouse macro
The recorded mouse macro and keyboard macro can be run by several ways:
- Manually, using the "Run" command:
If necessary, you can run only a part of steps using the "Execute selected", "Run to selected" and "One Step" commands.
- Manually, by double-clicking on the mouse macro file. Right-click on the file and select "Edit" on the context menu to open the macro for editing, instead of executing it.
- Automatically, using MouseRobot Task Scheduler.
- Convert the recorded mouse and keyboard macro into an independent from MouseRobot program (.exe) and run it.
While running the mouse macro the progress bar is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
Buttons and the keyboard shortcuts allow you to control the mouse macro execution. Press the key combination Ctrl + Alt + F12 to stop all running tasks.
Read more about MouseRobot keyboard mouse recorder in the Complete Online Manual